Aire Place Mills, Kirkstall Rd, Leeds LS3 1JL
Working on your handstands? Want to get away from that pesky wall and improve your stamina? Work on your arm balances, headstands, core strength and active flexibility? Or just learn something new?
New handstand master class for all levels (including beginners). Suitable for calisthenics lovers, cross fitters wanting to improve on form, circus performers, yoga practitioners and beginners. All you need is to believe and do your best.
There is no better training to make every muscle in your body work!
The course will focus in the following areas:
- Warm up
- Handstand foundation including Handstand technique focusing on joint health
- Flexibility and conditioning exercises: using your own body weight and equipment such as resistance bands to strengthen core, shoulders, wrists, hips, and legs
- Building stamina
- How to kick into L kick
- Discipline and passion for practice
- Exercises to build up to tuck, pike and straddle
- Movement into shapes
- Headstands and arm balances
- Different drills to get into and stay in handstand, as well as some more advanced variations, such as one-handed stand training preparation for shifting body weight
- Working in pairs/teams; how to spot each other safely
Join us at Open Source Arts Natalie. Natalie is trained in aerial arts and teaches both Yoga and Aerial circus. Passionate about calisthenics and handstands she has been guided in the art of hand balancing and conditioning by an international hand balancer for the last 2.5 years.